Thursday, June 9, 2011

North Face Endurance Challenge

You see, the blog really isn't a beer blog...just a blog of all things. This past Sunday my friends and I ran the North Face Endurance Challenge, some did the 10k and the rest of us did the half marathon. Funnily enough, I opted for the half marathon. Somewhere in all this I sort of forgot it was a trail run. I'm not a trail runner!! Whoops. I have to say, it was one of the most challenging runs I've done and yes I hated it at the time, "I'll never sign up for this again" but it was so worth it in hindsight. Pretty much the same thing I say to myself after every marathon, half marathon, triathlon, 10k, or work out.








The scenery was beautiful (at least when I bothered looking up from the ground), the stations were solid and the organisation of it was pretty good apart from the out and back course, as well as the single track portions of the trail. I've never been a fan of going back on myself, it's psychologically damning.

 
Finished!



Needless to say, I believe I was   last of our little crew but hey it's lit a fire to get more focused on daily work outs, nutrition and overall endurance. We have the DC Tri coming up next weekend, on the 19th, so need to hit the bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment